“When Can Readers Expect a New T.I.P. Review?”
– Reviews are posted on Sunday or Monday afternoons (around 2:00-3:30 PM). I also write for the NYU Stern Blog, Business Casual. I generally post every month and you’ll find more pictures of me eating my way through the city.
“Why are the T.I.P. Points gone?”
– I gradually realized that the point system did not holistically represent the quality of the restaurant. I am not a critic. My goal is to document many of the delicious meals I’ve had in the city.
“How do you choose your review locations?”
– I just follow my heart and stomach.
“How do you spend so much money at restaurants?”
– My disposable income is dedicated to restaurants and cookbooks.
“Are you ever going to complete your bucket list?”
– One day!
“What is your definition of comfort food?”
– Mama Cho’s: Aged Kimchi & Tofu, Bo Ssam, Spicy Whelk Salad with Fried Strips of Pork Belly, Short Ribs, Budae Jjigae (The Army Base Stew), Naengmyeon (Cold Buckwheat Noodles), Gamjatang (Pork Bone Soup).
“Do you review New York University Dining Halls?”
– No, I do not.
“Why don’t you review NYU Dining Halls?”
– Because NYU students already know how meals dining halls taste like. They’re actually very delicious compared to other schools in the area.
“Have you received offers from restaurants to write nice reviews in exchange for free meals?”
– Yes, I have.
“Can you write us a nice review in exchange for a free meal?”
– No, I will not.
“Do you have eating restrictions/dislikes?”
– I am not picky about specific ingredients. I enter a meal with an open mind.